Are you perhaps opting to learn German? Or someone who needs some German translation services? If yes, there are some aspects one needs to be familiar with. This includes the German language's nature, its difficulty level, and some professional and certified German translation services providers.
In most cases, industries also have legal documents that need certified translations. These companies usually tap professional German translation services to ensure the quality of translated business documents. Besides businesses, most German translation services also accommodate official documents from educational and government institutions.
What is the nature of the German language?
Germany and Austria use German, also known as German Deutsch, as their official language. Additionally, German is also one of Switzerland's official languages. The German language is a member of the West Germanic group under the family of the Indo-European language.
Records reveal that German languages started with the speaker's first interaction with the Romans during the 1st century BCE. Technically, the language in written form and German texts differs in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. Spoken German language exists in various dialects, most of which are members of the Low or High German dialectal groups. The two differ in terms of the sound system, especially with consonants.
Some German language facts
Getting a new language can be a bit overwhelming. However, some interesting facts about the German language might interest you.
- Other countries use German as one of their official languages. In fact, German is also one of the most widely spoken languages in the European Union, besides French, Spanish, and English. Also, Austria and Liechtenstein use German as the official language. Switzerland and Luxembourg have German as one of their official languages.
- German has three genders. When you look at the Romance languages, they typically have nouns for males and females. This makes it a bit challenging for native speakers of English. For Germans, a noun can be neuter. They generally determine the gender of a word purely through grammar. For example, "Das Mädchen" is neuter, despite the phrase referring to a female person.
- Some words exist only in the German language. For example, "fremdschämen" refers to the shame felt on behalf of another person. Another word is "Fernweh" (having the feeling of the travel bug) is the opposite of "Heimweh," which means homesickness.
- The German language has a unique letter. Technically, the language uses the Latin alphabet. However, there is an additional consonant, the ß, or the "Eszett." This letter does not stand at the beginning of the word. Also, if it follows a diphthong or a long vowel, it usually takes the double-s form.
Why do you need professional German translators for your organization?
Professional German translation services are reliable and certified companies guarantee that all business and legal documents are of high quality. While native translators can provide you with adequate German translations, it is still a lot different when you hire professional translation services.
- A professional translation company houses experts and linguists. These companies work with different clients doing English to German translations and other languages. Hence they must have a pool of competitive translators to do the work. In most cases, they're not just mere translators. They're also linguists. These professionals are competent enough to know the intricacies and nature of the German language. German to English translation services are easy for native speakers. However, they may not possess skills like the ability to adhere to specific language standards. These are a few primary reasons one can entrust their translation projects to professional translation services.
- Professional German translators are also experts in various subject matters. Whether it's about English to German translation or vice versa, a certified translation company must have professionals who can work in different industries and fields. As you may know, every industry has exclusive terms only those involved are familiar with. Using professional German translation services, you can expect flawless and accurate translations. Just like any other professionals, translators also have fields of specialization. They can focus on medical, government, legal, and other industries. More importantly, when choosing a translation company, ensure they can translate documents on a vast scale.
- Professional German translators can culturally adapt to the language of specific audiences. In most cases, when businesses expand, they will focus on global markets. To build trust among German audiences and business partners, a company needs content with linguistics and cultural contexts. This means there need to be certified German translation services providers to assist you. As mentioned previously, these professionals do not plainly translate; they ensure that native German speakers can understand the content and other documents.
In some cases, the audience can also be sensitive regarding translations. To prevent translation concerns, it is best to hire professionals.
- Professional translation services use technology. The translation process in most German translation services companies will likely involve technologies. This could possibly include machine translators. Before professionals can fully translate the clients' documents, they might run them in translation software. Of course, the process will always vary depending on the provider. However, it's rare nowadays for translation companies not to use technologies.
- German translation services know the ropes in passing specific legal standards. A standard German translation will possibly include plain outputs. In most cases, businesses that plan to introduce services to international markets might need some translations that deal with international laws. Standard translation services might include simple German translations. On the other hand, the project can have German or English documents which require the language to adhere to legal and regulatory requirements.
Usually, you can tap translators and even native German speakers to translate for you. However, working with professional German translation services can be handy, especially if your paper and content will have legal and technical matters.
Does using a machine translator yield accurate translations?
If you translate word for word, then you might get close to accurate English to German translations. However, it will not yield the same accuracy once you combine these words and make them into sentences. Usually, these machine translators will translate literally the sentences word by word. If this happens, the context and meaning of the sentence might get lost in translations. Along the way, it will result in possible misunderstandings.
There are various online translators which people can turn to for simple translations. This includes Google Translate. It can accommodate several languages, from German to English translation and vice versa. It's just that the software is not very reliable when it comes to longer documents like contracts and research papers.
How can one effectively do German document translations?
Effective translations will depend on the extent of the project. As previously mentioned, one can source German translations from machine translators. For larger and complex projects, it is advisable to seek professional services. Here comes the role of certified German translators. These companies are equipped with tools and processes to provide quality translations.
In most cases, you can never go wrong with professional translation services. Besides having a pool of experts and competent translators, they are hands-on with every project. This means these translation agencies will be with the translation from start to finish. More importantly, they can accommodate client requests and requirements.
Costs of German translations
There is no specific cost for German translations. The cost varies depending on the number of words that need translation, the length of the document, the number of languages, and other requests and requirements from the clients. A translation agency can also make additional fees for rush translations.
The good thing about German professional translation services is that they base the cost on the mentioned elements. This means that the clients will get what they paid for. More importantly, professional translation companies will indeed discuss options and pricing for every client.
Partner with a professional German translation service provider for quality and accurate outputs
The challenge here is how to choose the right German translation provider. One of the things you must consider is to assess the number of languages a translation agency can do. At Circle Translations, we are among the few companies which can work with 120 languages. With this, we can guarantee that any language you or a business needs, we surely can accommodate and translate texts for you.
Like any professional translation company, we strictly follow an exclusive process to better cater to our clients. We start with reviewing the document or texts that need a translation. Our team of writers will then begin the first stage of translation. Circle Translations also can provide specialized translations. This happens when a client needs translated documents in specific fields or industries.
Most importantly, we will assign project managers to ensure every project is being taken care of. They will be responsible for overseeing the translation process. Furthermore, managers also update the clients on the project's progress. This way, we can guarantee that even in the process, we ensure our clients are involved. Finally, clients can freely publish the translated documents wherever they wish to publicize them.
If you are looking to translate your content not only to German, here are some more available languages: